The first deed for Antioch Church was dated June 1, 1832 and was given by John Dennis. The land was part of the Beckford Estate.
In 1856, an act was passed by the legislature incorporating Antioch Church and vesting the title conveyed by said deed in the following Trustees: John V. Pinto, James Brittingham, Joseph S. Crockett, Alfred Whitney, William H. Fisher, William Hinman, George C. Dixon, William Lecates and Seth D. Venables.
In 1877, the Princess Anne Circuit consisted of 7 churches with a total of 534 members and 55 probationers. The total value of these churches was $11,100.
In 1885, Robert Watt was appointed pastor of Princess Anne Church and Antioch ceased to be part of the circuit. It was made a motion.
The first church was known as the "little red church" and was built of red brick. It was remodeled 3 times.
In 1912, it was realized by the pastor and the people of the church to begin fundraising to build a new church.
Thomas H. Bock, an official of the church, came forward with an offer to give one dollar for every dollar given by the remainder of the congregation. In 1915, construction of the new church building had begun. In March 1915, the old brick church was taken down.
The cornerstone of the new church was laid on July 28, 1915. The entire church was dedicated on Sunday, July 2, 1916. The entire cost of the church was $25,925.26. The pipe organ was installed for $2,000 in July 1917. During the time of construction the congregation worshipped in the court house.